The 2019 Colorado Companies to Watch Award Application submission is OPEN.
You could be a 2019 Winner!
Completing this application enters your company into a pool of candidates for the prestigious Colorado Companies to Watch Award recognizing 50 high-growth, 2nd Stage companies. You do not have to be nominated to complete an application. You can apply directly.
There are two rounds of judging. Preliminary Judging selects up to 100 top finalists. These finalists will be provided with a notification for a second round application. The second round application will ask about the company’s pivotal moments, impact in the community, obstacles to growth, culture and more.
The 50 Winners are then selected by a judging panel of industry, non-profit and government leaders from Colorado. The information you provide is used by the judging panel to select awardees. If your company is selected, some parts of your application may be used for publicity purposes, including a profile about your company in ColoradoBiz Magazine highlighting the program in June 2019. If your application contains information that should not be used in that manner, please check the Do Not Disclose box in the corresponding section.
The judging panel that will review this information is subject to a Non-Disclosure Agreement and Code of Conduct. Both must be signed prior to viewing any application information. Members of the Colorado Companies to Watch staff will process this information and are under strict confidentiality terms.
If you have questions, please contact us at CCTW@coloradocompaniestowatch.org.
To be considered for selection as one of the Colorado Companies to Watch Awardees, the enterprise must meet the following for the year ending 2018.
- Be privately held (not publicly traded and not a subsidiary or division of another company)
- Be a commercial enterprise not a nonprofit
- Be past the startup stage
- Be facing issues of growth, not survival
- Employ 6 to 99 full-time equivalent W-2 employees, including the owner
- Have between $750,000 and $50 million in annual revenue or working capital in place from investors or grants in 2018. For purposes of this award, revenue includes sales receipts as well as equity investments, grants and other forms of funding in 2018 that were used as working capital.
- Be headquartered in the state of Colorado
- Have not previously been a CCTW winner
- Demonstrate the intent and capacity to grow based on evidence such as:
- Employee or sales growth
- Exceptional entrepreneurial leadership
- Sustainable competitive advantage
- Other notable factors that showcase the company’s success